Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching millions of US and international households, and the Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issue reports from subscribers around the world every day. The technical research group is responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and documenting escalated issue reports. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
As a Technical Support Representative with the technical escalations team, you are responsible for providing technical escalation support to our global customer base and partners. You will think quickly, enjoy solving puzzles, and possess strong Netflix product knowledge. You will use great judgment in pursuing the right course of action without relying heavily on set policies to guide you. In addition to technical requirements, great interpersonal skills with our customers, partners, and peers are a critical component of success in this role.
What will you be doing?
- You will handle in-depth technical and product based questions and escalations from customer service centers around the globe.
- You will investigate and document complex technical issues impacting our service.
- You will prevent negative impacts to Netflix and our customers by identifying trends and articulating them into actionable follow up and takeaways.
- You will be assisting our Tier 3 team in coordinating the Customer Service response to service issues and outages.
- You will serve as a resource for general and technical questions in Salt Lake City through participation in support chats, and team meetings.
Who are you?
- You are someone who can communicate in both verbal and written forms with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders regarding complex issues.
- You can innovate methods to drive positive change in our customer service operations.
- You have the ability to extract and interpret large amounts of information from various databases and sources.
- You are someone who has strong oral and written communication skills.
- You are organized, analytics, and a great multi-tasker who also has strong attention to detail.
- You have demonstrated an ability to exercise creative thinking and problem resolution skills.
- You can articulate complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
- You are flexible and able to work various schedules.
- You are receptive and able to appropriately incorporate feedback to continuously improve.
- You are poised, with a demonstrated ability to navigate challenging customers, high volume, and rapid change.
- You are aligned with our Global NetflixCS Culture. Click to read more.
What do you know? (This is not a rigorous litmus test.)
- You have strong computer troubleshooting skills including Mac OSX & Windows operating systems, hardware, software, home networking configurations, and internet connectivity issues.
- You can, and ideally have worked with, consumer electronics and/or streaming technologies.
- You have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You know how to be a motivated and consistently perform at a high level.
- You know what an exceptional customer service experience is and consistently drive positive customer experiences in a non-scripted environment with both internal and external customers.
- You have an understanding of, and ability to, articulate call center expectations/objectives.
NetflixCS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic makeup, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.