Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching millions of US and international households, and the Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issue reports from subscribers around the world every day. The technical research group is responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and documenting escalated issue reports. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing a group of highly skilled technical research supervisors and their teams in Salt Lake City, and reports to a Senior Operations Manager in Los Gatos, CA. Your top priority will be to interpret data, coach, mentor and lead team members with the ultimate goal of driving improvements in the Netflix product and CS platform through investigation of escalated Netflix issues.
What will you be doing?
- Living the Netflix Culture and ensuring it is represented within the team.
- Building the strongest possible technical research team through hiring, coaching, development, performance management, discipline, and terminations.
- Analyzing a variety of data sources to develop and manage KPIs relevant to your team’s mission.
- Driving your team to drive resolution of issues that affect both internal and external customers, reducing any downtime for our product or internal tools.
- Driving efficiency within our escalation flow while avoiding unnecessary process.
- Create consistency in the team's’ execution by setting clear direction and expectations.
Who are you?
- You are a highly experienced leader of technical support or escalations teams with proven success in the role.
- You are an innovator who has a proven track record of implementing fresh ideas into established models.
- You are concise and articulate in both speech and writing, and can effectively communicate complex technical issues to both experts and laymen.
- You have proven to be a strong and consistent performer in a culture of autonomy.
- You have proven mentorship skills, with demonstrated ability to listen, identify root cause, creatively problem-solve, and drive impact to individual’s and team’s performance.
- You are motivated to be a consistent, high performer by taking initiative to uncover areas of opportunity, identifying innovative ways to improve overall team performance.
What do you know? (This is not a rigorous litmus test.)
- Strong technical skills; extensive background in troubleshooting, home networking, and electronic content delivery.
- Deep knowledge of computing and consumer electronics and extensive background in troubleshoot issues with Windows/Mac/ChromeOS Operating Systems, consumer grade networking, peripherals, mobile devices and other consumer electronic devices.
- How to acquire and develop skillsets that are not typically found in support roles but lend well to creating an excellent technical agent experience.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex data as it relates to escalation functions and customer facing trends.
NetflixCS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic makeup, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.